Monday, January 3, 2011

Some more before pics


My dad had painted some of this tractor at one time.   He removed the old decals from the side and top of the hood.  I don't think he re-painted the whole tractor.  Probably just the hood.  I do remember at one time that it had some scratches and some rust from daily use.  We had lots of pine trees at our house with low hanging branches.  After years of mowing the grass close to these limbs, it put some scratches on the hood. We were not gentle with this tractor.  My dad and my brothers and I used this tractor to do lots of work, hard work that eventually lead to some bumps and scratches.  I hope to bang these out and sand the paint all down to metal and get a good coat of paint on the whole thing.  It would be awesome to get some decals to put back on the top and sides like it was when it was new.



The engine is a 14 HP Kohler.  It has been rebuilt once because it has been ran without oil, I was using it at the time but I am sure that it had been ran with out oil for some time before that.  It was rebuilt in 1990.



It needs a new gas cap.  This one has needed replacing for at least 10 years.  It is worn out.





The wiring looks a lot like it did when he first got it.  I guess that Power King did not put a lot of effort on making their wiring look neat and organized. 

I hope to replace much of these wires and re-route them to look neater and put them inside sleeves to protect them. 

Notice the black tar on the side of the transmission cover.  This is from re surfacing my dad's asphalt driveway for many years. Every now and then a little would end up on the tractor. 






No comments:

Post a Comment