Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some Things That Need Attention



One head light needs to be replaced.


The hydraulic hoses are all original and have never leaked a drop.  This all needs cleaned. I replace the ground lead from the battery in 2009 along with a new battery. The ground wire needs to be routed differently.  It is easy to step on when getting on and off the tractor. 

The 3 point hitch needs some special attention.  It is bent and twisted in all directions from years of use.  I also think that I need something back here to pull with.  I am always using this tractor to pull stuff, so I plan on adding a chain hook and a ring, that can have a rope easily tied to.







Front blade needs lots of attention.  The Horizontal bar that slides into the receiving slots is very bent from pounding the dirt and snow for 33 years.  The hinge arms that hang down are very loose.  The bolts are worn out and the holes are very worn open.



The bolt in the bottom of the hydraulic arm is worn out and the holes are worn big.  I plan on welding this bolt in place in the vertical arm to eliminate the slop from this joint and to improve the reaction time to the front implement. 



In 2009 I put on an old alternator that I got from my neighbor, Steve.  It works great.  The seat needs some special attention.  This seat was refinished when I was a kid for father's day one year.  I remember at that time it looked the same way.  Seats have not looked good for very long on this tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment