Thursday, December 30, 2010

Model 2414



Serial Number 40533

Notice this was made by Engineering Products Company INC. in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Yes it was made in the United States of America.

The model numbers for the Economy tractor/ Power King tractor/ Jim Dandy tractor consists of 4 digits. The first 2 digits are the rear wheel size, the second 2 digits are the engine horse power.
(ex: 24" rear wheel, 14HP engine = model 2414)

On steel body Power King tractors, Economy tractors or Jim Dandy tractors the serial number is located on a tag which can be found on the dash or at the top of the grill area.




Notice the Switch.  I changed this out 3 years ago from the conventional Key switch to one that they use in Underground coal mines on mining equipment.  It is very durable and works well, not to mention it was free.





The throttle lever seems to want to come down while running.  I am not sure why but it is very annoying so that is one thing I want to fix. 
The Front Power Take Off (PTO) switch was changed to a toggle at least 20 years ago.  I will replace it with a push pull switch.  I replaced the Light switch 3 years ago (July 2007) at the same time as the Ignition switch because it was froze up and could not be moved in or out.



6 comments:

  1. I remember my dad stopping by the factory to pick up a plow while on a family vacation in the 50's. He had a 52 Chevy sedan, and 4 adults and me in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my dad died, he left me his Power King Economy Tractor. I'm having a problem finding a part. My email cwszoo532@gmail.com please contact me. T.J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Dont Check This Much. What Part Are You Needing? What Is The Model Of Your Powerking?

      Delete
  3. Thanks so very much for your excellent work. Especially for the wiring diagram. Do you kinow where I can buy the decals for the dashboard? Matt (Cincinnati)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father and I rebuilt a 1965 Jim Dandy 12-1 1985. It was stored in my garage in Colorado what type of fuel can you burn in the tank these days. Would unleaded fuel harm the engine? My e-mail address is alstackhouse@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. inoticed you having the same problem as i am having about the throttle lever dropping back how did u fix it?

    ReplyDelete