Thursday, January 13, 2011

Brief up date

I put the new bearings in the rear transmission and reassembled the transmission.  It was suppose to snow the night I was putting it together so I stayed up until 2:00am putting the tractor back together. I was so excited to start it up and test out all of my repairs when the battery was totally dead.  It was so dead that the battery charger kept kicking off.  I am going to try to put some resistance in the circuit tonight to see if I can get it to take a charge before replacing it. 

It did snow but only about 2 1/2" so not enough to push around yet.  I am really excited to see the improved range of motion in the blade assembly. Before the repairs it had a range of about 4 or 5 inches.  I expect it to have more then 12" now!  We will soon see.

I also ordered new decals for the whole tractor.  They should arive in about 2 weeks. Maybe by then I will have most of it painted and ready for them to go on.

Tonight I hope to get out there and take the blade apart and remove a bolken bolt and contuine cleaning. Getting it ready for some paint soon!  It is so dirty, greasy, and rusty.  Lots to do before primer can go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment