Thursday, December 8, 2011

Electrical Problem fixed

After trying to track down the electrical problems I finally found that I had grounding issues.
The bolts holding my transmission cover to the frame did not have a good connection. I guess my paint job was too good.

 I removed these bolts and used a file to remove all the rust and the paint under the bolt head. I also made sure the cover was free from paint and that the under side of the frame, where the nut mates, was free of paint .

 
I used a volt meter to track the connections all the way back to the engine and the starter.  Now it will turn over like a dream.
The repaired solenoid works great too! 

I did find one problem.  The spark plug seems to be bad.  What do you think?  Looks like I will be picking up a new spark plug tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment